Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Low cost Hydroponics

This is for all of you with a green thumb. This blog is dedicated to all of you with interests in gardening and want to discover innovative ways to grow plants.

I was introduced to hydroponics about 8 years back. I was fascinated by the way scientists discovered a way to grow plants in water mixed with some nutrients. I started reading about this technique on websites & books.

I live in Bangalore, India, city known for its salubrious climate and gardens (also of course for the IT industry). The climate ideal for growing plants outdoors without the need for heating or cooling throughout the year.

The hydroponic technique requires high cost equipment, I wanted to substitute and use materials which are easily available and inexpensive at the same time. I started experimenting with hydroponics about couple of years back on by roof top and have achieved some remarkable success and will share pictures in my next post.

No comments: